This combination smells divine as a bonus.
When the Spring Peepers start to sing in New England…the bugs start to stir also. We combine lavender oil with Rose Geranium oil in sprays and salves to keep the ticks and flying insects at bay.
Essential oils need to be diluted. You never want to apply essential oils directly to your skin – Apply the sprays to your clothes for longer lasting results – We use this spray on our dogs coats also.
- In a 4 oz spray bottle combine
- 10 drops Lavender Oil
- 5 drops Rose Geranium Oil
- Fill with Witch Hazel
- Shake well before use
If you don’t have witch hazel on hand, you can substitute distilled water or vinegar – white or apple cider -with a teaspoon of rubbing alcohol or vodka –
- Combine 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil with
- 2 Tablespoons of Beeswax Pellets in a glass measuring cup
- Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted – stir well – Remove from heat and add oils quickly mixing as you go.
- 8 drops of Vitamine E or Jojoba Oil
- 8 drops of lavender oil
- 4 drops of rose geranium oil
- Pour into tins to harden
Don’t want to be bothered making your own salve? You can also mix lavender and rose geranium oil into 4 Tablespoons of Vaseline or if you don’t like Petroleum Jelly – try Waxalene –
We may receive commissions from links